Element Energy is looking for sales reps to join our team. Basic responsibilities include meeting with potential customers at their homes, assessing their needs, educating them on solar energy, and writing up orders. We offer a very attractive compensation package.
What makes a great candidate
The ideal candidate has a passion for renewable energy, and a strong interest in helping people save money. Our most successful sales reps are self-motivated and bring a "Do-It-Now" attitude to their job. It doesn’t matter if you have a Bachelors Degree, an Associates Degree, or no degree at all – we can train you to do well with us.
It is very helpful to have experience doing in-home sales direct to consumers. Being comfortable meeting new people every day is important.
We provide great value to our customers, so there is no need to hard-sell our products. Educating our customers is important - both on how solar energy works and what the benefits are. We provide extensive training to all new sales reps, so you will be fully prepared to properly inform potential customers.
Our entire sales team has the ability to create and control their own schedules.
- Contacting sales leads
- Setting appointments
- In-home consultations with customers
- Preparing contracts
- Closing contracts
- Follow up with customers
- Generation of referrals from existing accounts
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid drivers license
- In-home sales experience required
- Must love people
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Must be honest and dependable
- Willing to take ownership and pride in their work!
- Ability to consistently set and achieve personal and team sales goals
- Excellent compensation – We have a commission structure set up based on performance. Reps typically establish a strong income stream very quickly.
- Solid training – we have a 40 year history installing solar energy systems. We transfer our expertise to you, so you will be extremely knowledgable speaking with customers.
- Exciting, Secure Career Path – there are over a million homes on Long Island that do not yet have solar energy. The opportunity to serve this huge base of potential customers will extend many decades into the future
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance