PV Service Manager
Looking for an exciting career with a growing company?
If you are looking for an exciting career and adventure with the company you work for, look no further. Renewable energy is one of the fastest-growing industries today. Here at Element Energy, you will have the opportunity to build, contribute and advance in our company as we continue to grow. You will make a difference in the world and your local community every day.
Element Energy is looking for someone with at least 3 years of photovoltaic installation experience to join our installation team as a PV Service Technician. These technicians are talented and dedicated individuals who are often the “best of the best” solar tradesmen and as such, this position within our company is one of the most challenging, important and valued. PV Service Technicians are former solar installers, well-informed, persistent and great problem-solvers. In addition to these important qualities, PV service Technicians must have great customer service skills. Please apply if you think you have what it takes!
- Set up and maintain a safe work site communicating appropriately with customers
- Troubleshoot and maintain customer’s photovoltaic systems including but not limited to roof and ground mounted solar arrays, solar inverters & electrical equipment and data monitoring systems
- Perform inverter error code and basic home electrical troubleshooting
- Utilize and understand the RMA process for equipment
- Solar equipment removal and reinstallation
- Ability to work independently or in a small team setting to achieve goals and maintain a schedule. Communicate with the Operations team to keep customers informed about their projects.
- Work in the CRM to keep customer info and status updated daily
- Schedule times and dates for service and installations with customers, installers and yourself
- Help develop and build systems and processes for automation and efficiency within the service department
- Technical troubleshooting & preventative maintenance activities to maximize performance/production of PV systems
- Interpret schematics and blueprints
- Create, maintain and use quality assurance checklists and inspections to document deficiencies and identify corrective actions needed
- Follow OEM specific maintenance requirements in addition to company standards and industry best practices
- Daily digital reporting and documentation of all work performed
- Participation in on-call services on a rotating schedule
- Identify and provide feedback to issues and ongoing development of projects
- Willing to work overtime as needed
- Keep the sites looking clean and safe– buildings, vegetation, fences, gates, roads, etc
- Ensure spare parts inventory is organized and clean
Candidates should be hard-working, dependable, detail-oriented, creative, organized, natural planners & problem solvers. The ideal candidate should also be comfortable mentoring others.
- Passionate about the solar energy industry
- Interested in committing (or already committed) to this field as a career
- Technicians should have 3+ years of solar installation experience
- Preference given to individuals with NABCEP certifications
- Construction experience, comfortable using tools
- Comfortable working in the field, outdoors and in various weather conditions
- Willing to work late hours when needed
- Comfortable working at high elevations, with a ladder and on sloped roofs
- Basic computer/networking skills
- Excellent customer relations & communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment
- Ability to perform work dependably and reliably according to the installation and service schedule. This will occasionally include overtime and weekend appointments.
- Owns a vehicle with valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a background check prior to employment
- Organized, detail and process-oriented
- Strong sense of urgency when completing tasks
- Accuracy and consistency of your work product
- Ability to work well with a broad spectrum of customers, as well as your fellow installers.
- Energetic, upbeat, tenacious team player
- PV Installation experience : 3 years
Pay rate is commensurate with experience. Compensation will be increased with time in service and strong performance.
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off plus paid holidays
- Paid training
- Positive co-workers and company culture
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development opportunities